"Got" With God, By God, With the help of God, Through God; "Acquired" as part of a Bargain With God, a business arrangement;
An Afternoon's Exegesis
I, Eve, have this to say about how I "got" "the man." Baby Cain. Is that who is meant? Or did I mean the human man.
Either way, I acquired him. I acquired him. With Jahweh. And this was recorded in the earliest words, before the spin of institutions.
- Why is this important? It is important because it shows that I took an active part in whether or not I had one. I was not put here for the prime purpose to have the babies just because I could. That was not the main part of my job at all. At Creation, there was no concern at all that the Human, Adm, was not reproducing or could not. I was put here because he, Adm, wasn't doing so well on his own. Needed the guide as in front of him, the ozr kngdv, as you know and I repeat here, a little ad nauseam but how else to make the point except repeat its merits.
- So: I acquired "the man" - And now go back. Read the texts. Ask: did I mean Cain; or another "man"; say, Adm. How get either "man"? with Jehovah. If this seems confusing, it is because my words have seldom been examined. So, vet.
With those in mind, here follows an afternoon's exegesis on
1. How: Did I get or acquire,
2. Who: Did I get or acquire "the man". And who is meant, as having been acquired or gotten, "
3. Context: Where did the"wife" idea come from for my relationship with Adm, when "woman of him" simply means mate; no wedding was had or claimed. None such needed, or wanted.
4. How: By what process (who did what)? Is a bargain is referred to, so that I could have "the man" in exchange for also getting the Happy Dance, with by through whatever, and Jehovah. What do they mean put together.
The Hebrew word is QNYThY. Acquire. I acquired the man, with Jahweh, as an active person with a bargaining position. As we all know, to "acquire" is a specific word, a matter of bargaining, of trading. Property and rights are involved. Think of how you live, and trade, and acquire property in what you do. You can find that at Genesis 34:10.
Darby's English version translates it this way: that Eve "acquired" a man with Jehovah. See ://www.hebrewoldtestament.com/B01C004.htm/
Now to further ambiguities:Adam made love to his wife Eve. She became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, "I have gotten the man that the LORD promised."
'aYSH. Then the next word in issue is 'aYSH, for "the man". This 'aYSH is the "man" - that resulted once the man and woman were separated out from the Human. See Genesis 2:23 for that. Aish man and Ashe woman, both from Adm, the human. See ://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen2.pdf /
- Who is being talked about?
More choices in interpreting ambiguous text.
Did I acquire "the man" as acquiring or bargaining for Adm, from the Human of that name, now re-named as Adam, to have a mate, and enjoy the process, even if there is pain in the birthing. The word Aysh is the same as used when we were separated out. See Genesis 2:23.
That is interesting. It would mean there were negotiations going on between me and JHWH during Creation.
I say that is me, a touch of Wisdom, at the deity's shoulder in Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling, looking down as the deity's finger fails to reach that of Adm in Creation. They never did make contact. It took the CPR to get life going - still does.
See me there? Do a search in Images for creation sistine chapel adam finger for lots of these. Blow it up and look closely. There I am. Upper right, musing. Or is that Shekhina, who cannot and will not be forgotten. See ://www.thenazareneway.com/feminine_god.htm; also at ://www.pantheon.org/articles/s/shekhina.html/. Sometimes seen as The Shekhinah. See ://www.telshemesh.org/shekhinah/; or Shechinah, at ://www.dhushara.com/book/sakina/saksource/shek.htm/
This is what I wonder: Why does Adm have Equipment before I was even contemplated, supposedly. And why didn't the deity care about reproduction - such a big deal is made of it in later eons.
My role: I was put in the picture because it wasn't good to leave Adm to his own devices, not because I was supposed to have babies. It doesn't say, "It was not good for Adm not to have children." Or a "wife". None of that. Adm needed a little wisdom, a little ozr kngdv.
Back to the language:
Or Choice b)
Did I acquire a baby. Which is meant? No way to tell. Just a lot of people in their macho-patriarchal echo chamber once Jerome did his version, is that so? Not completely.
Then comes 'ath- or "with". It looks like this:
That one means "with" and signifies proximity.
Young's Literal translation says Eve got the man by Jehovah. See://www.hebrewoldtestament.com/B01C004.htmThat could be fine if it were clearer: Strong's Hebrew Dictionary includes these meanings - by, beside, together, possession, side, see http://strongsnumbers.com/hebrew/854.htm/ Does that make Jehovah the father, even? If Adm the Human is different from Aysh the Man, perhaps in the mists. Begotten by. Common usage. Get it by. Out of. Horse racing.
Check the letter and word forms. Hebrew ath. This is amateur work here, but not hard to get at the basics. For I acquired or got man with Yahweh. See reference to letter forms and transliteration of words mechanically, at ://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen4.pdf/
QNYThY 'aYSh 'aTh- YHVH
- Hebrew Transliterated **- ://www.hebrewoldtestament.com/B01C004.htm/; and also at Scripture4all.
6. The Preposition Wars
- Through. Jerome's Latin Vulgate says "through God" or per Dominum. Where did that come from? The word is with.
- From. The King James, the Basic English and the Noah Webster say "from the Lord." That sounds like benevolence, not a bargain struck.
- With help of. American Standard: with the help of Jehovah
- Through again. The Douay Rheims says "through God". That follows the "per Domine" of Jerome's Latin Vulgate.
- With help. The World English says Eve got the man with Yahweh's help.
This is the "ath" as #852 from Strong's Hebrew Dictionary at ://strongsnumbers.com/hebrew/852.htm/ It means a sign. A portent.
This is the "eth" as #853 from Strong, untranslatable something, and looks identical to the "eth" as #854 from Strong, אוֹת
see http://strongsnumbers.com/hebrew/853.htm/ That one means "with" and signifies proximity.
Here is the ath.
VH'aDM YD'y 'aTh-ChVH 'aShThV VThHUr VThLD 'aTh-QYN VTh'aMUr QNYThY 'aYSh 'aTh- YHVH.
והאדם ידע את־חוה
אשתו ותהר ותלד
ניתי איש את־